Spring time is in the air, love how the earth starts to become “alive” again, love the smell of new grass, love to see the parade of flower buds reaching for the sky… and what could be better than to celebrate spring by baking your own bread…
This moist bread is the kind of bread that you don’t need anything else to eat with, but a small amount of salted butter.
- 425 gr bread flour
- 4 tbs thick honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 cup water
- 125 gr raisins
- Blend flour, milk powder, and yeast in a food processor for a couple of seconds. Mix honey, salt and water in a separate bowl. Add the wet mix little by little to the dry ingredients while whizzing the dry ingredients.
- Stop when the dough has form a ball, remove the dough to a lightly flour dusted surface, and kneed the dough for 10 mins. Gradually kneed in the raisins
- Put the dough in slightly oiled bowl, cover with oiled plastic cling, Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Tip the dough out on to a lightly floured surface, divide into small amounts, then press into mini greased loaf tins.Let it prove for 30 mins, preheat the oven to 200′ C.
- When they are ready, baked for 15 -20min or until the bread is well risen, browned and sounds hollow when tapped with the fingertips.