Lemon Sponge Pudding with Caramel Cardamom syrup
Lemon this… lemon that… I put lemon juice, zest and rind in most of my cooking or baking, so when I looked up this event , created by the Domestic Goddess and host this month by “the” Tartellete , well… I thought there’s an event I don’t want to miss. My entry is simple Lemon sponge pudding with balancing aroma of cardamom in caramel syrup.
- 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 1/2 selfraising flour
- 1/2 caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- lemon rind (finely grated)
- juice from one lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cardamom seeds
- Preheat oven to 180′ C
- Grease pudding mold
- In a large bowl beat together well all the Ingredients
- Bake in center of oven for around 20/25 minutes or until well risen and golden
- Turn out of tins and serve with cream and syrup
- Boil water with cardamom seeds, set aside.
- Heat and stir sugar until become caramel syrup, remove from the heat add the warm water (strain the cardamom seeds out), heat and stir just until well mixed.