A long recipe behind me, now I’m just in the mood for something easy to make. Mhlabia (muhlabia/mahalabia) is a traditional mid-eastern dessert, a milk base pudding flavored with rose or orange blossom water. As for the topping, you might find different kinds of them but my favorite is just the classic pistachios and shredded coconut. This pudding is so soft and light, the texture is between jelly and custard, a perfect dessert to serve after a spicy meal ;) .
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon rose water/orange blossom water
- pistachio and shredded coconut for garnish
- Mix corn flower with water and add to milk which has been brought to a boil.
- Stir and cook until thickened and then add sugar.
- Add rose/orange blossom water and salt, boil another few minutes.
- Pour into individual serving dishes and chilled for 2-4 hours.
- Garnish with pistachios and shredded coconut before serving.