Apricot and Mulberry Parfaits
Hot summer wave starts here already, temperature rises to 92′ F (33′ C)… so making my oven works is not in my priority list now… all I’m interested in is eating refreshing or cold dessert.
Yogurt- Mascarpone parfait is my first choice of celebrating one hot summer day.
- 1 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 3 ripe apricots
- 1 cup mulberries
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the milk, stir and let stand for several minutes to soften
- In a FP or blender, combine cheese, yogurt, vanilla, salt, and 6 tbsp sugar. Process until smooth and well blended. Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
- Place the sauce pan with gelatin over low heat, stir until the gelatin has dissolve, about 2 minutes (don’t allow to boil). Add the gelatin to the cheese mixture and whisk to mix thoroughly. Cover tightly and chill for 1-2 hours, stir occasionally (the mixture should remain quite soft).
- Bring 3/4 of a sauce pan full of water to boil. Cut a shallow X into the blossom end of each apricot. Immerse the apricots in the boiling water for half minute, then using a slotted spoon, transfer to a work surface. When cool enough to handle, slip of the skins, half and pit then slice.
- In a bowl combine the the apricots, mulberries and sugar. toss gently to mix.
- Assemble the parfait and refrigerate up to 6 hours before serving.