Chinese Egg Tarts
Fortunately, the Chinese cousins of the Portuguese-tarts, are not so time consuming to make from scratch.
They are slightly different in style of taste but still dangerously addictive to snack. I made them in minis, good size to munch it in one bite and gives you excuse to take one after another 😉 .
- 1 batch of Pate Feuilletée, mold into small circles.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dissolved sugar in warm water.
- Whisk egg with evaporated milk. Pour in sugar mix, whisk again.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 200’C.
- Arrange Pate Feuilletée in the mini tart pans.
- Pour egg mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake tarts in lower third of oven for +/- 10 minutes,until the edges are slightly brown.
- Lower the heat to 180′ C, bake for another 10 or until the center is set.