Have I told you all that I love frozen dessert so much? It was the only major thing that I craved with both of my pregnancies. Any types of Ice-Cream, Sorbet, Sherbet, you name it…my freezer always has at least one of them inside. I eat ice cream in 4 seasons. No matter what the weather is… you have ice -cream then I’m in.
However, I think this semifreddo is great for spring, slightly sour with floral aroma, smooth but not too rich, lovely colour,very easy to make, whisk and pour, freeze and Voila! In short… it is perfect just like spring it self 🙂
- 1/2 cup of dried hibiscus
- 3/4 cup of boiled water
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 500ml double cream
- Soak the dried hibiscus with the boiled water and strain the water into a bowl, let it cool for a while.
- Add the icing sugar and lemon juice, whisk to dissolve.
- Whisk in the double cream and keep whisking until soft peaks form.
- Pour and smooth the ice cream into the airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours.