Petit Pain au Chocolat et Noix
Truthfully, I am more of a “rice” person than a “bread” person, but don’t get me wrong I love breads, not as much as I love rice but I love them…and sweet breads are my favorites. I like my bread warm, even if it’s the “day after” baked bread, I always zapp then just a few secs in the microwave before I eat it.
This is just my favorite sweet easy bread recipe, enjoy!🙂
- 250gr bread flour
- 25 gr caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 50 gr butter
- 75ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 100 gr dark chocolate (chopped)
- 100 gr walnuts
- 50 gr caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- Blend flour, sugar and yeast in a food processor for a couple of seconds. Melt the butter and milk in the microwave and add sugar and in measuring cup beat in the eggs and salt. Add the wet ingredients little by little to the dry ingredients while whizzing the dry ingredients.
- Stop when the dough has form a ball, remove the dough to a lightly flour dusted surface, and kneed the dough for 10 mins.
- Put the dough in slightly oiled bowl, cover with oiled plastic cling, Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Tip the dough, roll out to a large rectangle aprox. 15 x 30 cm, sprinkle the 3/4 mixed filling ingredients on the 2/3 part of the dough and roll up firmly, cut into halves, put into 2 mini pans (5 x10cm).
- Let it prove for 30 mins, preheat the oven to 180′ C.
- When they are ready, glaze the top with slightly beaten egg and milk, sprinkle with the rest of the mixed filings, baked for 20 -25 min.