Yellow rice with Roast Lamb Ribs on a bed of Hierloom Tomatoes and Carrot salad
It is a very busy month for me, when the challenge of KBB came, it didn’t just came like that but came with surprise… that the challenges are also competitions, because this month is the first anniversary for KBB.
Although I didn’t join KBB since the very beginning, but the group is very dear to me, full with warm hearted and talented people.
This time with theme “colourful”, Our host launched 3 competitions: cooking, baking and photography. I choose only cooking competition, because I’ve been doing a lot of baking lately and neglected my first passion, cooking… (psst…my other reason is actually I had to pick my battle, most of KBB members are professional bakers and dare I to compete with my pocket bridging camera with award winning members with their DSLR? LOL… guess not… run..run away), so this is for the love of cooking and KBB !!! 😀
Recipe in Indonesian, here.
- 500 gr jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the oil
- Put the washed rice and saute for 2-3 mins
- Add 2 cups water and mix
- Add turmeric and salt
- Cook until “al dente” and sprinkle the rest 1/2 cup of water on top
- Remove from the heat
Heirloom Tomatoes and Carot Salad
- 250 gr Heirloom Tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 250 gr Carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 gr Onion (sliced very tiny)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of half lemon
Mix all the ingredients together and chill before served.
*Tips: For preparing vegetable salad, first of all mix the tomatoes and carrots( they take longer to absorb dressings) first with dressing, then the rest of the veggies.
Asian Roast Lamb Ribs
- 500 gr Lamb Ribs
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic (smashed and sliced)
- 2 (Indonesian) Bay leaves
- 1 lemon leaf
- 1/2 tbsp Cheyenne pepper
- juice of half big lemon
- Marinate ( leave the lemon skin in the bowl) lamb with all ingredients for min. 2 hrs (over night for best result).
- Heat the oven 200′ C.
- Lay aluminium foil over a baking sheet, arrange the ribs (take out the lemon skin), close the foil covering all the meat, bake for 12-15 mins.
- Open up the foil, roast (with upper fire) for another 8-10 mins to achieve crunchy meat surfaces
- Serve warm with the rice and salad.
*Tips: To avoid strong lamb aroma, don’t wash the meat before you cook it (just make sure that your butcher is a clean one 😉 )