Peppermint Brown Forest
Actually I bought some of these ingredients for the recipe tag (cherry sheet cake) I received from my friend, but I kinda change my directions along the way 😉 (Sorry, Ventin but still this one is for you)
I still use the cherry and the sheet pan, but it turned out to be a brown edition of black forest with a light peppermint scent.
- 1 1/3 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 125gr butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 125 ml whipping cream, (whipped)
- 500 gr cherry filling
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180′ c). Grease and line a 25 x 35 cm sheet pan
- Sift flour and cocoa into a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients. beat on low speed with electric mixer until ingredients are combine. Increase speed to medium, beat about 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth and changed to a lighter colour
- Spread into the prepared pan, bake for about 45 minutes, Stand the cake in pan for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut the cake in half, spread the cherry filling, then the 2/3 of the whipped cream onto the first half cake, then put the other half on top.
- Spread the rest on the whipped cream on the top and add some shredded chocolate.
recipe adapted from: everyday cakes & cookies (The Australian Women’s Weekly)