Fish with yellow sauce (Ikan bumbu kuning)
Normally if I want to eat fish, I almost never fried it, not that I don’t like eating fried fish, but because afterwards I had to clean the kitchen thoroughly, I would hate to have the smell that sticks everywhere. Today is my monthly ” kitchen’s cleaning” day anyway, so I dare to make this satisfying fish dish
- 1 medium fresh water fish (tilapia)
- lemon juce from 1/2 lemon
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 1 carrot (sliced narrowly)
- 1cucumber (sliced narrowly)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 stick of lemon grass
- 2 lemon leaves
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs powder coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 /2 tsp turmeric
- 1tbs natural vinegar
- Marinate the fish with salt and lemon juice for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 3 hours.
- Fry fish until golden brown set aside
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a saute pan, add garlic, lemon leaves and lemon grass, saute for 1-2 minutes, add carrot, mix it well with the herbs, add coconut milk and water, mix well, add turmeric and vinegar, mix, add salt and cucumber, mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the hot sauce over the fish, serve it hot with rice.