Dark Chocolate Chips Mango Sorbet without ice-cream maker
Summer is coming. We, here start to get this nice mangoes supplies from Palestine. Mango is one of my favorite fruits and ice cream is one of my favorite food (is it food or drink? or duo drink and food? anyway just a thought, genius who “invented” ice cream 🙂 ) so what could be better than having both of my favorites.
- Please check out the round-up of cinco de mango 🙂
- This dessert with Nasi Olga are also my entries for the “apron contest”
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from 1 medium lemon)
- 2 tablespoons thick yoghurt (lebaneh)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
Boil sugar and water until it becomes syrup (thick liquid).
Puree mangoes, syrup, lemon juice and yoghurt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to freezing container and freeze for 2-3 hours. Replace the mix into the blender, and crush, repeat this action one more time after another 2-3 hours and then mix in the dark chocolate chips. Cover and place in the freezer for at least 2 hour, or up to 1 week. Garnish with twists of lime peel or small lime wedges.