My sister in law, who’s from Kazakhistan gave me this Russian rice recipe. Ever since it becomes a regular meal in our home.
- 3 Cups Rice (short grain)
- 500gr Beef (part with fat) or Lamb
- 1 Big Carrot
- 5 Cloves garlic
- 1 Big Onion
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Black peper
- 4 Cups water
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Rinse rice, soak and set aside
2. Slice the carrot long and thin set aside
3. Heat the oil in the pot, meanwhile dice the onion really small and chop meat to smaller pieces.
4. When the oil is hot enough, put the carrot, cook until the oil become orange colour, then saute the unions until soft, put the meat ,saute until meat changes its colours, season with salt and pepper, put 2 1/2 cups water to cook the meat until soft and done, cover the pot.
5. Put the rice in the meat soup, put the garlic cloves (without smashing) inside the rice, add 1 cup of water.
6. Check the rice, when it’s almost done, stir the bottom part up and add the 1/2 cup of water.
7. Cook until done, serve it hot with fresh salad🙂